The journals listed below regularly accept content contributions.
- The Review of Women’s Studies by the UP CWS accepts research-based articles, reviews of scholarly works, and creative works written in either Filipino or English. The journal is published twice a year.
- The Asian Journal of Women’s Studies by the Asian Center for Women’s Studies in Ewha Woman’s University, calls for general contributions for its regular issues. It publishes four times a year.
- The Canadian Woman Studies, also a quarterly publication, accepts contributions in scholarly as well as popular forms.
- The International Journal for Gender Studies in Developing Societies accept contributions for their regular issues, which are published four times in a year. They also announce calls for papers for special issues.
- Societies Without Borders, which publishes its issues three times a year, also accepts article submissions regularly.
Frontiers – Journal of Women’s Studies, Analize – Journal of Feminist and Gender Studies, the Gender and Development Journal also issue calls for general submissions.
The following journals have posted calls for papers for their special issues.
- Frontiers, a Journal of Women’s Studies of the Ohio State University, has the following calls for their special issues aside from their regular call for general submissions: Transnational Feminisms (due May 15, 2014); The ERA in the 21st Century (due October 1, 2014); and Women Digitizing Revolution: Race, Gender and the Technological Turn (due May 1, 2015).
- The Australian National University posts Call for Papers for publications, conferences, and other academic fora. Their latest post for a call for papers on Women and Sustainability is due May 31, 2014.
- The Southeast Asia Center of the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies has a list of calls for papers for publications and conferences. Among them are on topics in feminism and women’s/gender studies. Two of these are a call for papers on Gender, Migration and Citizenship due June 15, 2014 and on Gender, Identity and Nation due June 1, 2014.
- Analize, a Journal of Gender and Feminist Studies is calling for submissions for their issue on Genders, Diversity and Urban Space, due September 20, 2014.
- The Gender and Development Journal has also announced its themes for 2015: Urban Development, Inequalities and Resilience to Climate Change. Calls for article proposals will be posted soon.
Collections of calls for applications are found in the following organizations/websites.
- The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) lists their funding opportunities for NGOs, individual researchers, and graduate students. They accept applications for existing projects as well as project proposals.
- Grants for NGOs and individual development workers are also found in Funds for NGOs. Calls for papers, calls for project proposals, and calls for application to fellowship programs are only some of the opportunities found here.
- The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) posts calls for participation in various activities including ongoing projects, project proposals, conferences, and publications.
- The Australian National University (ANU) also posts calls for applications on their Gender Institute News. Also found here are calls for papers, job vacancies, and scholarship announcements both in the ANU and in other international organizations.